1 a loosely woven fabric used for flags, etc.
2 any of numerous seed-eating songbirds of Europe or North America
- Rhymes: -ʌntɪŋ
- A thin cloth of woven wool from which flags are made; it is light enough to spread in a gentle wind but resistant to fraying in a strong wind.
- Flags considered as a group.
- Strips of material used as festive decoration, especially in the colours of the national flag.
- Any of various songbirds of the family Emberizidae having short bills and brown or gray plumage.
material from which flags are made
flags as a group
strips of material hung as decoration
Bunting can refer to:
- Bunting (bird), a group of birds
- An infant sleeping bag
- The act of laying down a bunt, a type of offensive play in baseball
- A lightweight cloth material often used for flags and festive decorations (American). In the United Kingdom, refers to strings of brightly coloured flags often with the Union Jack upon them used to add colour to street parties, fetes, patriotic events (Royal Weddings) etc
- Bye, baby bunting, a nursery rhyme
As a surname
- Basil Bunting (1900-1985), British modernist poet
- Bill Bunting (born 1947), American basketball player
- Chris Bunting, British comic book writer
- Clark Bunting, American television executive
- David Michael Bunting (born 1960), British poet/musician
- Edward Bunting (1773-1843), Irish musician
- Edward L. Bunting (1883-1962), English cricketer
- Eve Bunting (born 1928), Californian author
- Jabez Bunting (1779-1858), British preacher
- Jo Bunting, television producer
- John J. Bunting (born 1966), Australian serial killer
- John S. Bunting (born 1950), American football coach
- Josiah Bunting III (born 1939), American educator
- La Farrell Bunting (born 1980), American boxer
- Madeleine Bunting, British journalist
- Mark Bunting, Canadian journalist
- Mary Bunting (1910-1998), American college president
- Reverend Bunting, character in The Invisible Man
- Ronnie Bunting (died 1980), Irish political activist
- Thomas L. Bunting (1844-1898), American politician
- Christopher Bunting, internationally renowned English cellist
Dannebrog, Jolly Roger, Old Glory, Star-Spangled Banner, Stars and Stripes, Union Flag, Union Jack, and blue, banderole, banner, banneret, black flag, blue ensign, burgee, coachwhip, colors, ensign, flag, gonfalon, gonfanon, guidon, house flag, jack, long pennant, merchant flag, national flag, oriflamme, pennant, pennon, pennoncel, red, red ensign, royal standard, signal flag, standard, streamer, swallowtail, tricolor, vexillum, white